Thursday, December 20, 2012

Gingerbread Houses & Rice Crispy Trains

Grandma Wright (Margaret) sent us a Christmas package that had a gingerbread house kit and rice crispy train kit in it. This year I let Owen help out more with making it. However, that quickly turned to eating it. It was so funny to watch him swipe at the frosting after I would pipe it out, or take a moment to think about whether or not he wanted to eat the candy vs. put it on the house. Usually, eating won out. It was a bit of work to get anything accomplished with my little "helper," but it was a lot of fun too.


The next day I found him sneaking candy off the house at least 3 times, until I finally moved it to higher ground that could not be reached simply by standing on a chair.

We also made the rice crispy train set she sent. It had similar results. Although he did want to suck on the tube of frosting and eat every little candy ball, he actually did a bit better decorating his own train. He would ask me for the candy balls by color. "Can I please have a green one?" (I would hand one to him) "Thank you!" And so on through all the colors. (Except for some strange reason he kept calling the red one brown.) I love the little pile of balls he made too.

A couple days later, I also found him sneaking candy off the train. He had eaten all the little balls off of his train. Sigh. What can I say? He has a sweet tooth just like his mommy.

No comments: