Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Dark Side

I had my hair appointment today. After getting so many comments from people about liking my hair dark, I decided to go for it. Actually, I was originally planning on keeping some of my highlights in and just making it have a darker feel, but my hair stylist talked me through adding some golden-toned browns and having a mix of darker colors. Basically, she darkened the part underneath my top layers, filled in my highlights with a light brown similar to my natural color, and weaved in another medium brown. Oh, and she cut some swoop bangs. At first I wasn't sure how I felt about it. But it's definitely growing on me and I like that there is a golden hue to it. Hopefully it won't go brassy like last time, and I'll make sure to stay on top of filling in my color again if it goes too ashy.

BEFORE:

AFTER:
The first picture doesn't have a very good color to it (self-portrait), but I included it because the next one makes it look like the bottom of my hair is really dark...which it's not.


Oh and I should mention that when I walked in the house after getting it done, Owen saw me briefly and while I had my back to him he said, "Who's that?" I turned around and said, "Who is it?!" He paused, stared at me kind of funny, then finally said in a shy voice, "It's Mama." Good thing my kid still knows who I am.
What do you think?

10 comments:

Laura Horne said...

I like your hair and your necklace.

Kaela said...

Looks great!

Lydia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lydia said...

Love it! So cute.

Rachel said...

Hello gorgeous! I love it!!

Holly said...

Oooohhh! I love it!!!

taryn said...

Yay! I was hoping you'd go dark! I tried to comment on the other post, but I usually have to use my phone to comment and it doesn't always let me. Anyway, it looks really cute!

Dean said...

That is so funny that he was second guessing himself even when he said it's mamma! lol What a cutie!

Bridget said...

You look great! :) I remember Claire doing a double take when I did that.

deveney said...

i like it, yeah! for dark:)