Wednesday, July 14, 2010

2 month trauma

I'm a little behind on this, but thought I should post on Owen's two month check up he had on June 29th. His stats were as follows:

Weight: 10 lbs. 5 oz. - 30th percentile
Length: 23 inches - 55th percentile
Head: 39 cm. - 40th percentile

So, after a bit of a slow start, he is growing. The doctor said he looked really good, and healthy. The nurse said he is super cute. I said, "I'm sure you say that to all the moms." She said, "NO! There are cute babies and there are really cute babies. He's really cute." Of course that's just what I like to hear. ;) However, the big part of the two month check up is starting immunizations. I had considered looking into them and deciding which ones for sure I wanted him to get, which ones I wanted to postpone, and which ones I didn't want him to get at all. Well...being that I can be a bit of a procrastinator, I never got around to doing this and figured we'd just get em all. So we did. It was so sad to see his little legs held down while they gave him his shots. I had to keep myself from crying with him. Luckily, Owen didn't cry for long and was a wonderful little trooper.



That night, however, I think all the trauma from the day came out. I had a Relief Society meeting to attend and a movie to see afterward, so I left Owen with Miles all evening. Unfortunately, Miles said Owen cried almost all night long with only short intervals of quiet, non-fussy time. The poor boy must have been feeling so miserable. (I mean Owen, not Miles) Not to mention the fact that this was Miles's first full evening with Owen by himself. It was hard for me to be away knowing that Owen was so sad, but I'm sure there's not a lot I could have done about it. I'm grateful to Miles for watching Owen so that I could have some time for myself, and I'm glad my little guy got over his trauma after that night!

3 comments:

Christy Gunnell said...

Okay so here I am at work, thinking to myself, maybe I'll check Kendra and Miles' blog to see if there are any new posts. And low and behold there are like 4!!! Way to be! You can now officially be on my friends list on my blog. Congratulations :)

Kelli said...

Yay on blogging! I like your pictures of you needing make up :) You do look really different. I haven't seen you in make up since the last day I saw you at work. I just bought some today--you proud? Owen's looking really cute. Felix is starting to dig into my ribs and I always think of you when he does.

Abby Wright said...

He is REALLY REALLY CUTE! Jared is always saying "show me that cute kid again" He loves him!
I left Noah alone with Jared for 1 hour and he called me 3 times wondering what to do while I was getting a massage. It was hard leaving him. As for shots...uh! I just cant do it! I balled when he was being circumcised and I wasn't even in the room! We are forgoing immunizations anyway but seeing shots to my baby would kill me!