Friday, July 02, 2010

A Hot Summer Deserves A Cool Treat

After a slow start to summer (with snow on May 24th) it has officially swung into full force. With temperatures reaching near 100 degrees, it's nice to get a cool treat. Lucky for us, there's a new shaved ice shack up the road from us. Earlier this month, I somehow convinced Miles to go on a walk with me (he always tries to avoid this) up the hill to try out this shaved ice. Granted it's no Bahama Bucks with their fabulous Bahama Rama Mama (ice cream, with flavored shaved ice and cream on top), but it's a decent runner up. They still do the ice cream with shaved ice, but the quality is lacking comparatively. As Miles states, there are chunks in the ice and it doesn't quite melt in your mouth the same way. He felt their slogan "Soft as a Cloud" is false advertising. But for me, since I am no where near a Bahama Bucks, this will have to do this summer seeing as it is within walking distance.

Poised (or posed rather) and ready to go:



Miles with the shack:


Owen and me with our shaved ice. I got Tiger's Blood (strawberry, cherry and coconut) and Miles got PiƱa Colada.




Dyed tongues:







No comments: