Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

Father's Day happened to also be Miles's birthday. (More on that later.) So we just had one big party all day. However, for his Father's Day gift, Owen gave him a really cute card with a dump truck on the front that says: "Here's the scoop Daddy, you're the best!" Inside it has a tractor with a dangling crane. Owen colored (scribbled) inside and I signed it for him. He (Owen that is) was pretty obsessed with the card. I think it was a good choice. And from me, I gave him a jar filled with plain Dove dark chocolate and dark chocolate and sea salt. (Yum!) On top were little "tokens" I made and laminated (gotta think ahead to reuse them for future years!) good for different things. Mostly they were for extra days to sleep in and extra video game time, with one for a play date with Owen, and another for hugs and slobbery kisses from Owen. I think he liked it. He took the jar to work, which was probably wise. Otherwise, Owen and I would have likely devoured all his chocolates.


And as I've decided to start this new tradition, we took some pictures of Owen with his Daddy on Father's Day.



And, since Owen was looking so dapper in his new suit, I thought I'd get some shots of him.




Owen sure is lucky to have such a wonderful Daddy!

3 comments:

jenn said...

So cute! What a darling family. soon it'll be 2 and 2 so you need to be doing daughter pictures on Mother's day for you eh? :)

Sharalea said...

Sweet pics, KEndra!

Happy Father's Day, Miles!

You've always been really great at giving fun & heartfelt gifts. I love the laminating idea!

Annelise said...

The last pic of the 2 of them together needs to go in a frame on your wall! Too cute!