Monday, June 11, 2012

Oh Baby! (23 weeks)

I went in for my long-awaited appointment with my doctor to have my regular check-up and get the word on whether or not I would remain on bed rest. Right when she walked in she asked if I had any questions. I said, "Yeah. Am I still on bed rest?" She said, "Well, that depends on you. How has your bleeding been?" I gave her the run down. Besides some very minor spotting a week ago, nothing. She said that since there basically hasn't been any bleeding for about two weeks it would be fine if I went off bed rest. She said that she still wants me to take it easy though - no heavy lifting or strenuous activity. I asked what that meant and she asked what I wanted to do. I told her specifically that I want to go swimming with Owen. She said that would be fine, but for now (even though it is low-impact) to not swim laps. She also said no running or power walking, but strolling with Owen was ok. I said I would just bring Miles along with me, since he slows me down. ;) So YAY!!! I don't have to be on bed rest and be reliant on other people to take care of Owen's and my needs.


I had an ultrasound set up in two weeks at the office and asked if I should keep that or wait. (The perinatologist told me it would be better to wait closer to 28 weeks). She said that I could wait and instead schedule it with the perinatologist again. I liked that since I feel like they really know what they are doing, and are honestly more personable than the person she has come into her office. Everything else was good and baby girl had a good, strong (fast) heartbeat.


I've got to say, it's been weird to be off bed rest. I sometimes find myself feeling guilty about standing too long and thinking, "I should probably sit down." I also will have to be careful about not just jumping back into life and try to take it easy. I'm so excited to get things done, it will be hard to pace myself. And yes, now I just feel like a whiner about my bed rest. Almost 3 weeks of bed rest was not the worst thing in the world. And I'm truly hoping that is the end of it for this pregnancy. But if not, I'll definitely go in with a better attitude. At least all is well and baby girl is healthy.


I got my hair done today by the amazing Julie Kaye and she curled it and made me look so nice I thought I'd have my Mom take some pictures of me.


So here is the latest in my growing belly...



9 comments:

Christy Gunnell said...

Yay!! Happy to hear things are looking up. Prayers are heard :) I love your hair. You're radiant!

Carly Andelin said...

YAY!!! Off of bed rest!!!! And you look awesome in your picture! Cute cute hair!

Kelli said...

You should loan me that shirt when you have your baby and I'm still getting huge :)

Rachel said...

Awesome news!! And super cute hair, by the way

Sharalea said...

1. You're hot
2. Your belly is so cute
3. Love the stripes
4. YAY FOR NO MORE BED REST!
5. Love yoU

Megan Potter said...

That's great news! You look great and I love your hair! See you at the pool!

Aric McCardell said...

Hi Kendra,

My name is Aric McCardell. I went to church with your family in Santa Rosa quite a few years ago. I was friends with your brother Kyle. I'm sorry to bug you here but I couldn't find any other way to contact you. I really feel strongly that I need to share my story with you. If you don't mind could you please email me so I can get your email address?(aricmccardell@gmail.com)
I'll be happy to go into more detail via email if that's ok. Sorry to be so vague here.

Thank You!!

jessipants said...

YAY! your picture is gorgeous kendra. beautiful. annnnd when can i come and SWIM with you? it needs to be soon ;)

taryn said...

Im so happy you're not on bed rest anymore! Sometimes I feel like I'm on bed rest since much of my day is consumed with nursing, ha! Kidding, its getting better now that she's starting get on more of a schedule. I love your hair and your little tummy is so cute!