Friday, June 08, 2012

Reunited and it feels so good

So, I started this post oh, you know...six months ago. Since then, we've become estranged again. Sigh.


My love and I have been reunited. No, not Miles or Owen. My love of crocheting. My friend, Christy, came over to get some help on making some booties. While she was over she said to Owen, "I bet you see your mom doing this all the time." I said, "Nope. He sure doesn't. I haven't crocheted since I finished his blanket before he was born." Sad, right? Well, Christy left me a pattern for the booties so I decided to try them out for myself. After making one practice bootie, I decided to make a pair for my dear friend, Shara, who was having her third child and first girl. It took a while to get the gauge and sizing just right, but I'm glad I figured it out cause I think they're adorable!And here are a couple pictures of sweet baby Noelle wearing them:I also remembered that back in April (of last year) my mom gave me a baby blanket to crochet around the edge. I had started it (ok, so I guess I have crocheted *once* since finishing Owen's blanket) but it was taking forever and I didn't know anyone I cared enough about that was having a girl that I could give it to. So I decided to bust it out for Shara too. I think it also turned out pretty cute, but I don't think I'll be doing that again anytime soon as it takes WAY too long and I don't like working with the nylon thread since it doesn't have much give and is more difficult to control. Either way...it's cute.Lastly, I saw on my friend's blog that she had crocheted this adorable scarf she saw on a different blog. (Here is the link to the tutorial.) I decided I needed one of my own. I "completed" it really fast, but never finished sewing it together. Which is super lame, I know. I think it was around the time life got crazy (Christmas, starting our IVF cycle, etc) and I just didn't get around to finishing it. Ah well. Maybe for next winter.


And now...I need to get working on something for baby girl. I mean, I did this for Owen:



So baby girl's gotta get something from her mama, right? Time to pull out the good ole hooks again!

2 comments:

Christy Gunnell said...

Where's a picture of the scarf?? I want to see it. Seriously those boots turned out so so cute. I may have to have you make me a pair if I ever have another girl. Oh the drama of those dang boots!

Jan and Carol Van de Wetering Family said...

So glad you finished the blanket and gave it to Shara. It turned out so cute. I LOVE doing them, but then I'm a bit crazy, I know.