Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A first!

Owen just walked up to me and say, "Look, Mommy!" And proceeded to show me that he had taken off his diaper. In a mock accusatory way I said, "What do you think you're doing?!" He giggled and ran to the bathroom. He said he wanted to sit on the potty. I sat down by him and told him he could try and go if he wanted. After no more than a minute, I see a little dribble going into the potty. I was totally shocked! I praised him up and down and told him how proud I was. He seemed really happy about it. I gave him a treat for going pee in the potty (some Junior Mints). Here he is eating his treat:


I haven't started any potty training with him, but I'm glad he was able to go while on the potty and see what it's all about. I still don't think I'm going to start it now, but hey...it's a first and should be documented. :)

And an update since I posted this a couple hours ago...just before getting in the bathtub, Owen sat on the potty and went again! Yay! I'm so proud of his initiative.

2 comments:

Tyler said...

Sounds like you are going to have to potty train him rather you want to or not! ha ha Good job Owen!

Annelise said...

Sorry Tyler was logged in.