Monday, August 27, 2012

Oh Baby! (34 weeks)

Yet another doctor's appointment...and they're only going to get more frequent. Yay! It means the end is near! :) Owen is so familiar with going to the doctor that often when we drive past the office he will say, "I want to go see doctor!" Last night when he said it, Miles responded with, "Yeah? You want to see Aunt Savage?" I laughed at him and he said, "Well...it's that or Grandma." I said that I'll have to let her know that Owen misses her when we aren't there. :)

On to the appointment. I didn't gain any weight since my last appointment, and only 1 lb. in the last month. Yay! (We won't talk about how much I've gained up to this point though....) Blood pressure is still great. Baby's heartbeat is still great. All is well. I asked her to tell me the position of the baby (knowing that it could easily change) just so I could know what's jabbing at me. She said it appears she's head down and her rear is high on my right side. I figured as much since it seems like she's parked on my right side. Oh that cute, little, bum that keeps pushing into my ribs!

I asked her if there is anything at all I can do about my carpal tunnel since now, it's not just numbness, but also a sharp pain that regularly makes me incapable of doing a lot with my left hand/wrist. (I always lift Owen with my right hand and left forearm now.) Sadly, she said I can only wear the braces to help - which I do at night...until I become too swollen and they feel too tight. Then she said we'll have to see how things are after the birth and mentioned nerve procedures and surgeries and such that are available if it remains a problem. Eek! I sure hope not. So from this point on...I'm not going to talk to her about it anymore. I know there's nothing I can do and I just need to deal until the baby is born (and hopefully not for one second longer!) ;)

I'm glad things are going well besides. I'm feeling large. Bending over to pick up toys and clean takes a bit more effort. As does rolling over and getting out of bed. But I'm still happy and excited and so grateful to be carrying this sweet, baby girl. And I'm grateful I'm not on bedrest and I can play with and waddle after Owen. I'm getting excited for her to come. Nervous too. But that's a post for another day.

Oh, one quick story about Owen. The other day the baby was moving a lot so I lifted my shirt and said, "Do you want to see baby sister moving?" He touched my tummy and looked at it for a minute. Then in a very matter of fact tone he said, "No more baby sister," and pulled my shirt down. Ha! Well I guess that's that. Little does he know that in about 6 weeks, he won't be able to get rid of her that easily.