Saturday, August 18, 2012

Dreams...

Two nights ago I had a dream that my sisters, Kim and Kerry, and I needed to travel back in time to give my brother, Kyle, a dog? Apparently it was some special dog that would have special meaning. We didn't really have control over when it would be back in time, but we wanted it to be just a year or two before his death. So the first time we went, Kyle was only about 15. I could tell by his haircut. I walked in with the dog, and then "past Kim" came in (with her short haircut) and told me to shoo because she didn't want the dog in the house. I left and came back to my present sisters. I remember feeling really sad about seeing Kyle and knowing that his time was short. We attempted again and ended up there around Christmas time when my past self was only about 5 or 6 years old. "Present Kim and Kerry" chased "past me" around and played with me to distract "past me" from what we were attempting to do. Then we saw "past Mom" but didn't want to alarm her, so we hid. We were about to leave when we had a conversation with "past Mom" without realizing it. She seemed to know that we were from the future and was disappointed in us not being covert enough. I don't remember a lot that happened beyond that. I do remember thinking that if we got to Kyle when we wanted to in the past, that I was sad we couldn't warn him about his future and try to deter him from making bad decisions that would lead to his death. And yet...in my awake, present, state of mind, I know that we did warn him. We did try and tell him what his future would hold if he continued down the same path. And his addiction won in the end.

Dreams are weird and crazy. (Especially when pregnant.) And yet I completely believe in dream analysis. I have seen far too many interesting and accurate parallels between what I dream, what is going on in my life, and how my unconscious is responding to it. Right now though, I don't have the energy to analyze this one. This one just makes me sad. And makes me miss my brother. But it was nice to see him in my dream, even if only for a moment....Happy 35th birthday, Kyle....

No comments: