Thursday, August 02, 2012

TMI?

I have some friends and family members that have mentioned they don't like reading/hearing about super personal details or events of other people's lives. Obviously, this is something I write about on a regular basis. I mean...I've talked about my brother's death, our detailed struggles with infertility, specifics in conception through IVF, pregnancy woes, and more. I'm pretty sure in doing this, I've lost some readership. There's a part of me that doesn't care because this is mostly meant to be a journal of our family's life for me to keep. And yet I also wonder if I am offending or turning people off to reading what I write.


So...tell me...do I share too much information (TMI) for your tastes? (Those who really do feel like I do, please feel free to say so!)

6 comments:

Bridget said...

Not for me. :)

Anonymous said...

I think you should write about everything you feel comfortable telling people...if they don't like it then I expect they might not get out much. I am actually amazed at what grosses people out about the human body and how much people don't know about their own physiology. I have enjoyed your posts.

Speciale said...

Not for me either! Love your blog :)

Jenna said...

No one can possibly be too TMI for me. Well, maybe bedroom play-by-plays would be going a little too far. ;)

Annelise said...

Have you read my blog? ha ha No way is there to much TMI.

jessipants said...

keep writing. if people don't like it, then they don't have to read!