Sunday, August 05, 2012

Baby Emi

My dear, sweet, friend Jessica Salmon had a baby. But before the baby came, she had a shower! It was actually one of the showers I was supposed to be in charge of when I was placed on bed rest. Luckily, I was throwing it with two other amazing women who took charge and let me completely off the hook (thank you Terrie and Jen). It was a great night celebrating Jess's soon-to-arrive baby girl.

The food was amazing.
  
So amazing, in fact, that I got caught in the act of *not* sitting down like a good girl on bed rest...




The classic "pregnant-belly-as-a-shelf" shot:




And of course a shot with my two favorite girls. It was so fun to have Haley there for the shower too.

 And I love the thank you cards Jess gave out. What a cute idea!

Jess had her sweet baby on July 2nd following a difficult and life-threatening labor and delivery. Jess is an amazingly strong woman. For someone who always feared childbirth, she went through hell and back attempting a non-medicated delivery, only to barely survive with her life. I am not even exaggerating. But it's not my story to tell. I only want to recognize what a hero she is for bringing this little girl into this world.

It took me a couple weeks before I was finally able to make a trip up to meet this sweet angel. Here are some pictures from the first Emi-Auntie Kendra meeting:



Look at that sweet baby with her big, wide eyes!

Here are her little feet on my big belly. I sure hope she and my baby girl will grow up to be good friends.
A darling shot of Daddy-daughter love...

And Mommy-daughter snuggles (that I stole from Jess's photos)...

I am so happy this beautiful girl has come into our world and into the Salmon-Garbett family. Emi is blessed to have such wonderful parents.

1 comment:

Doug & Valerie Salmon said...

Kendra - this is a beautiful post. Thank you for being such a wonderful supportive friend to Jessica.